10 Benefits of Treating Yourself to a Day at the Spa
The month of April is Stress Awareness Month, which makes it a perfect time to start planning a way to treat yourself to something that is going to take the edge off and come back to center in your life. One of the best ways to do this is by spending some time at the spa at our 5 – star beach resort in Punta de Mita, and we’d like to share some of the reasons why:
- Improved quality of work. Studies have shown that spa visits relate directly back to less sick days, improved concentration and communication, and healthier sleep patterns.
- Less body aches. A good soak, and massage, and a visit to a sweat lodge or steam room can rejuvenate your muscles and joints.
- Glowing skin. Mud masks and facials remove waste and bacteria from your pores, allowing your skin to breath.
- Massage therapy stimulated the lymphatic system, which can result in the flushing of toxins from your system.
- Improved blood circulation. Heat therapy stimulates blood flow and contributes to the body’s purifying processes.
- Increased energy. Removing toxins from your body and skin result in increased energy for weeks after treatment.
- A stronger immune system. Massage therapy can increase the production of white blood cells, which make for a stronger immune system in order to fight off any illness.
- Headache/Migraine therapy. Crown, temple, and neck massages can decrease the rate of consistent headaches or migraines.
- A great bonding experience. Sharing a day at the spa with any loved one makes for a relaxing bonding experience.
- It makes you feel GOOD! Massages, holistic spa treatments, facials, and sweats all link back to the production of serotonin, which of course, makes you feel happy!
The Jungle Spa at Imanta, our private beach resort, offers private holistic spa treatments in Punta de Mita that are richly based in Aztec and pre-Hispanic healing methods that incorporate the restorative powers of the many herbs, flowers and plants that are provided on our nature reserve.
Book your beachfront villa or villa-suite in Punta de Mita and learn more about booking your treatment at Imanta Resorts here.